Effective Reading Intervention Academy Training (ERIA)
The Effective Reading Intervention Academy, is based on the work of Dr. Anita Archer and takes a “best practices” approach and incorporates concepts detailed in Dr. Archer’s publications: REWARDS, The Six Minute Solution, Phonics for Reading, Skills for School Success, and Reasoning and Writing. Each academy features research-based curricula and techniques that work in supplemental programs, general and special education, summer school and after school, Title I, and academic year and interim session. Teachers learn skills grounded in research-based practices, which they can use to increase the reading skills of struggling readers. In addition teachers learn how to develop an intensive reading intervention program for elementary and middle school students and instructional strategies for increasing reading achievement.
The following documents describe ERIA. The ERIA Program Guide outlines essential elements of the program, and the ERIA Implementation Rubric describes implementation in detail. The Excel version of the Implementation Rubric records data over three years and automatically generates reports.
- ERIA Program Guide (934kb) | HTML
- ERIA Implementation Rubric (61kb) | HTML
- ERIA Implementation Rubric
Other Forms, Surveys, and Instruments
- ERIA School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET) (68kb)
- Diagram: Stages of ERIA (48kb) | HTML
- ERIA CST Proficiency Trend Charting Program (892kb)
- ERIA CST Proficiency Trend Charting Program Readme (172kb) | HTML